Monday, April 04, 2005

Shaking My Fist At You Oprah

A few years ago Oprah did a special on the secrets of thieves--precautions to take to prevent thefts of your belongings while out in public.

One of her big tips was for in the bathroom. She said to never hang your handbag on the hook on the back of the door. That thieves watch your feet and when you are facing the toilet they just reach over the door and snag your bag.

Now when new bathrooms are built they don't put hooks on the back of the stall doors anymore. They put them on the side of the stall--about belt high.

Somehow I always forget that though. And that is how, this afternoon, I found myself clutching the side of my head, feeling a little dizzy after whacking the side of my face on that damn hook.

Damn you, Oprah.

No comments: