Sunday, April 17, 2005

Not Burning Any Bridges

Today is better.

Not that I have any idea what I am going to. Nor do I know exactly how I am going to go into work tomorrow and pretend that everything is fine until I do decide.

I have a few options. A couple of them are dream scenerios that would make me think this was a good thing that just happened. But given the way my year has progressed so far I doubt that they will work out.

I have options that I do not like at all. Options that involve poverty (the middle class version). Options that involve burning professional bridges. And an option that involves swallowing my pride. I honestly do not know what to do, I have no idea what is best for me and for my family (shut up, a husband and two dogs are totally a family).

What I do know is that this isn't my fault. And being angry feels good but it is not productive. I cannot control what is happening I can only control what I do about it. This makes me feel both mature and like a guest on Dr. Phil.

My father thinks that I should raise hell. Throw a fit. Prove how unfair this situation was, try to drag some one down with me. But I am by nature practical. I know that there are only a few companies in my area that are in this industry. And the bulk of my experience is in this industry it would be just stupid to be anything but professional about all of this.

Of course, if I win the lottery I might be flipping a few executives off.

No comments: