Thursday, April 21, 2005

Harpy

A friend of mine is buying a house (yay! some one with good news!). She had a minor meltdown today because the combination of money worries and closing stress was just weighing on her. She was talking about how in order to get her offer through she had to wave the inspection.

And I just blurted out what a dumb idea that was and what a big risk and . . .

I realized that I was being a know-it-all harpy bitch.

I was one of Those People.

I didn't mean to. I really didn't. I hate it when people butt in about other people's money choices, how they raise their children, what they do in their marriage. It is the one thing that is sure to enrage me and I was so guilty of it. Of course I immediately apologized and told her that I was sure that she was making the right choices for her.

But I know the damage was done. I mean I know that I know what is best for the rest of the world, but I really should learn to shut my goddamn mouth.

No comments: