Saturday, April 23, 2005

Cheaper Than Therapy

I find something very soothing about going tanning. Yes, I know that it is bad for me. Skin cancer yeah yeah yeah. And you would think the booth would feel claustrophoibc. But there is something relaxing about laying back in that lit up coffin, feeling the skin damage happen.

I went tanning this morning. It was a long week. Better than I expected. And definitely better than the week before. I just feel worn out though. Like a rag that has just washed a sink full of dishes.

I went in a didn't even turn on the radio. Just laid down. Closed my eyes. And felt calm for the first time in a month. I wasn't angry. I wasn't upset. I could just breath in and out.

All of the sudden tears were running downs the sides of my face. I don't know when I started to cry. And I don't know why. I wasn't sad, I wasn't frustrated. I just was crying.

Cheaper than therapy. And you get a tan too.

No comments: