Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Pantless Porthole

At work today one of the toilets was broken and just kept up with the flushing.

It wouldn't have been so stressful if it had just been like repetitive flushing (it reminded me of this time I took a red-eye into Denver and this woman had her four year old twin boys in the bathroom, the two little boys just ran up and down in front of the stalls making the auto-toilets flush in this very fucked up round) (as a total side note their poor mom was like passed out asleep because it was like three in the morning and I was smashed drunk because I had been drinking Bloody Marys on the plane with this guy named Ed who wore a pink polo shirt and I feel deeply ashamed because PINK? and also I am old because I am pretty sure those boys are in junior high now).

But no, this was one long continuous flush, loud like a sonic boom. It was oddly unsettling, like a black hole was in the poo stall at work and it just might be a porthole to a very scary place.

Custodial had posted a very helpful OUT OF ORDER sign on the door. Because the loud sucking noise and spurting water would not have been enough of a hint and some one just might sit down to take a shit and OOPS into another dimension. Not wearing pants.

Which could be really embarrassing when you think about it.

No comments: