Monday, October 10, 2005

But They Really Do SUCK

Something sick and sinister has happened to me.

I keep finding myself rooting for the Yankees. I mean, not when they are playing a team I like, GOOD GOD no. But just in general. And I cannot work myself up into a rage over them either. I mean natural I still loathe Alex Rodriguez, I mean when I stop being able to make fun of his ass then I need to stop being a baseball fan because that is just no way to live.

But for the most part Yankee players I like.

HELP ME. What kind of fucking YES Network propaganda is J pumping into my vulnerable brain at night? I mean I don't love them or anything, but I respect what they are doing.

I don't want them to win the World Series but they are not even close to the team that would horrifying me the most. And that just alarms me.

My husband thinks that I am coming around to the Right Way Of Thinking but clearly I am chemically imbalanced. Depression could not chase me into therapy but I think Yankee sympathy could do it. I mean my entire marriage is based on fighting about baseball! What will we fight about?

I must have a fever. Or PMS. OR MALARIA.

Anything but Yankee sympathy.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Maybe you have bird flu?

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. Not only am I married to a Yankees fan, but I also live in NY, so I can't avoid them. So this year, I've just embraced it. And I've really enjoyed watching Yankees games - at least they win, unlike certain other teams who have forced me to "wait til next year" for my ENTIRE LIFE. Plus, Posada is adorable. Just think, it could be worse, could be the Mets. (Or the Cardinals. Or the Braves. Or the White Sox.)

And seriously, now that the Yankees are out of it, who am I supposed to root for? Cardinals? No way in Hell. White Sox? I think my father would disown me. Angels? With the stupid rally monkey? No way. Astros? That's my husband's choice due to Clemens and Pettitte. But I just don't think I can get behind Bagwell and Biggio.

How long until I can just watch softball again?

Amy in NY