Friday, October 14, 2005

Don't Sniff It Freak

I have had a rather bizarre obsession with Wet-Naps, those little moist towelettes that you used to get at KFC and the like to rid yourself of the greasy mess. I use to savor mine in a way that had to scare the fuck out of my parents. I would wipe my hands with it over and over and smell the lemony goodness. I would not want to throw it away until it was completely dry. I would stockpile more of them every time I was left with an opportunity.

I still don't understand it, but I still feel that way a bit. It is somehow more satisfying than just washing your hands. And it cannot be replicated with baby wipes even though everyone will tell you it is the same damn thing.

Perhaps I am a bizarre kind of OCD?

All I know is that I hate half a bag of cheetos at lunch today, pulled out a Wet-Nap to clean myself up and started sniffing it. Uh no wonder my cubemate thinks I am odd.

Sadly, there does not seem to be Wet-Nap aversion therapy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wet-naps are COMPLETELY different and better from baby wipes. Wet-naps have a fabulously thin, crumpled, paper-like texture and a chemical clean scent. Though smelling the `Nap might be taking the love a little too far.