Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Bittersweet

I am just wrapping up my last day here at work. I mean, I am just going down three floors tomorrow. But it is a whole new set of co-workers, a whole new job, and since it is a new division it is really a whole new world.

I have been here for three years, the longest I have ever worked anywhere. And, as much as I am thrilled to be going, I am a little sad.

The girls here are my friends. Yes, we are the meanest sorority in the building but we have kick ass parties and people make excellent spinach dip. Everyone here knows each other's dogs' names. That tells you what kind of people we are.

Downstairs is a little more adult. There are some really good things about that. Things that I am thrilled about. Chance for advancement, possibly less pettiness, better money. But the price is you cannot be a big goon. You can't spend ten minutes in your neighbor's cube talking about your bowel movements downstairs--it just is Not Done.

I have had a good run up here. I am choosing to only remember the good stuff because I love revisionist history. Besides, I am totally going to miss these bitches.

No comments: