Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Well I Didn't Say Allah

One of the weird and unexpected consequences of converting to Judaism is that I am starting to feel a little wrong about my swearing habits.

It is not at all uncommon for me to scream JESUS CHRIST in frustration. I do not mean to but honestly most of the time it is better than yelling GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKER which is my phrase of choice.

I do not choose to believe in Jesus, but I do try to respect those that do, which means I should not take a deity's name in vain that I do not even believe in.

I have really tried to cut this sucker out of my speech patterns. It is not easy and I mess it up all the time. But I am making an effort. Which is how on Monday, during Everwood, when Bright kissed Hannah I ended up yelling, "THANK YOU MOSES!" at the screen.

It is a start.

No comments: