Thursday, May 19, 2005

What Am I Going To Wear?

Had a horrible realization today.

I have worked in the lowest profile division of my company for three years now. None of the big muckety mucks come up to our floor. We fly under the radar. And even though we are a fashion company we are much more relaxed and casual than other areas.

We wear jeans. I mean they are really fucking expensive jeans that I am embarrassed to tell my mother how much they were and I wear them with blazers and high heels but they are jeans. And I wear them a couple of times a week.

Uh. Can't do that in my new job.

Problem is. I don't actually have enough nice outfits for five days a week. Not at a place where you can't wear the same outfit too many times.

DAMN IT.

I mean I can work my black pants and black tops as well as the next girl. But I am not sure that I can pull it off for long. I am going to have to come up with something creative.

How is it that I can get the fancy new job and still not afford the fancy new clothes?

Do you think anyone will notice if I just wear my pretty blue trenchcoat as a dress every day?

No comments: