Thursday, September 01, 2005

One Or The Other

My dear dear husband has a new job. I don't write it about it because he has this nasty habit of telling anyone and everyone he knows about my blog and then I have to worry about him getting Dooced.

And he likes his new job. He likes the people, he likes the work, he finds it challenging and interesting and is excited and it is just great great great.

Except he is making me so angry.

I understand workaholicism. I understand wanting to do your very best. I understand trying to make a good impression. But he stays at work until weird hours, doesn't call, I can't get a hold of him, and then he comes home and won't even talk to me. He's talked at work. He is tired. He is worn out.

Fuck off! I am busy. I have questions that need answered. And I miss my fucking husband.

But I can't stand to pick a fight because he is happy. He is so happy it just annoys the fuck out of me because it is pretty fucking clear that he does not miss me a bit at the moment. And probably won't for a while.

I'd hate him forever if I weren't just so relieved he found something that he wants to do.

It is just the part where I am practically a single woman but I cannot fuck handymen in the bathroom at Home Depot part I am struggling with.

One or the other baby.

1 comment:

Mr. Chips said...

What's to prevent you from getting a little attention from Home Depot employees?