Monday, September 05, 2005

I Need A Scanner

In the move I found this picture of my sister and I that I love. We are sitting on the front stoop of my parents old red house in Iowa, with the old fat dachshund between us. This is before I was in kindergarten, back when I grew up I wanted to be my sister. We are in semi-matching nylon jackets with flowers stitched on the pockets with the hoods up and tied under our chins. The tops of the hoods are pointy so we look like demented little dwarves. Her jeans are too short and mine are so long they have to be rolled up several times--pretty common in our house where we were just far enough apart that sometimes hand me downs were not seamless. She has her eyes closed and is sticking her tongue out at the camera. She is missing her two front teeth. My head is huge and round like a big pumpkin, I have the chubbiest cheeks to ever be sported on a non-obese body.

It is my new favorite picture in the world and I have already framed it. I just have to figure out where to put it.

It goes perfectly absolutely everywhere.

No comments: