Sunday, September 04, 2005

Hell No We Won't Go

Guess where I am!!

In my pretty pretty new living room, on my soft new couch, trying to keep my very sleepy eyes open.

Yesterday was so long, the very sweet, very tiny, very Ukrainian movers worked their asses off. We have entirely too much shit, which filled the huge huge truck a lot faster than I would have dreamed possible. Even though they totally deserved it, I did not leave the house a disaster. While J, the movers and my parents were getting our shit into the new place I hosed down the old places and cleaned it up. And then came and unpacked for eighteen hundred hours.

My mother is not just an packing machine but she is ruthlessly efficient at unpacking and she organized my kitchen to be efficient. Imagine that, instead of doing what I have done in the past and just shoving things where they might fit.

There isn't much left to unpack, just odds and ends. The phone is on, the cable works and we have the internet. It is like a real house.

Of course Rooster had to go and puke on the carpet--totally destroying the pool on which animal would despoil the new floors first. Talk about a fucking bracket buster.

I haven't made out with the new floors yet, but we have definitely flirted.

Feeling at home already, which is a good thing. Because we are never fucking moving again.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Yay! Congratulations. Finally
send me pictures yo