Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Everybody Was RaCCOON Fighting

My poor darling husband is feeling a little poorly. Poorly enough that he skipped chili (made in the crockpot and oh how I love the crockpot and will probably make out with it later) and went right downstairs to nap on his futon and moan.

Apparently, we both had adventures last night.

I did that HORRIBLE thing that I used to do all the time in college, but when I described it to Monica she had NO IDEA what I was talking about. I woke up without the alarm and when I looked at the clock I was SO LATE. I rushed around, straightening my hair, putting on makeup and I was freaking out because J and the dogs weren't in bed. I was getting dressed and starting to look for him when I looked at the clock and noticed that it was 11:55.

DAMN IT.

I didn't even wash my face, I just pulled off my clothes and fell into bed. I was so exhausted already, yesterday just kicked my ass, and my bed was like heaven. And heaven had evicted me for no good reason.

Poor J woke up to a crying kitty and found a pack of raccoons in the garbage cans. They laughed at him when he tried to scare them away but he thought they were killing Rooster so he had to chase them out. Of course Rooster was fast asleep in the warm house where she belongs.

He gets credit with me for save at any rate.

We are going to bed early tonight. And NOT GETTING UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT.

Here is to less adventure.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Man, did you move to the racoon farm?

And now all I can hear in my head is the "Dinga ding ding ding ding ding ding" from the Kung Foo Fighting song!