Sunday, September 11, 2005

Just a Nice Sunday

I have had half a bottle of wine.

The boys all came over and watched football (49ers won! They beat the Rams! The partying in the AB household was so loud and oh so WHITE!) and lots of steak and potatoes. And then I had wine. And now all is good.

Football season! I impressed J with my hated of kickers and fun nicknames for teams I do not like. Do I have reasons to not like these teams? Why yes I DO. They bother me. So if I want to call them the goddamn San Diego Cuntlickers than that is my right.

I bought bedding today. And J hung a poster he stole from a bar in Japan. And we discovered that the light fixture in the hallway used to have cherries painted on it. It is becoming a home. The boys mocked my urgings for their coaster use--but seriously, everything is so nice. Don't fuck with the nice.

My dogs are exhausted from running in the yard and eating steak fat and are napping on the couch. I have somehow gotten tipsy on one glass of wine. I know I have had too much because I am thinking about how I would really like to take my top off. Any time nudity is considered I have to think about my alcohol intake.

As in I have to do the whole valley girl at the frat party, "AM I DRUNNNNNNNNNNNNNK?"

I love weekends. I love steak and potatoes with our friends and new bedding and big ass bottles of red wine. I haven't forgotten what today is, I am choosing to ignore it. I know what happened those years ago. I know what is happening in the gulf. But today I am a girl just having a Sunday with her friends, enjoying her gorgeous new house and eating like a hog.

Letting freedom ring.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Coasters.

Am so proud.

Anonymous said...

All that wine and nudity! I'm even prouder.