Friday, June 24, 2005

Where Is My Citizenship Award?

Today I decided to flip destiny the bird and wear white pants.

While I have my period.

Apparently, this defiance somehow broke my streak of shittiness and today was a decent day. I scored a couple of cute tops for cheap.

And we had cake. Ice cream cake! It is pretty hard to have a bad day that includes ice cream cake.

You know it has been a less than fabulous week when you are just happy that nothing shitty happened today. Work was kind of boring but I did get to go shopping and load about 84,000 songs into the media player on my computer.

The only mar on the day was at lunch. Seattle is not really a tourist town. Our reputation for rain and lack of amusement parks really knocks us down on the list of cities to visit on your summer vacation. But, if you live in a hot and humid climate, our sunny and warm but not hot weather must feel divine. And we do get a few people in June and July.

And I guess these people are flown in directly from the fucking turnip truck. Because they are overwhelmed by the TALL and SHINY buildings and have to stop in the middle of the fucking sidewalk to gape at them. We are not talking the Sears Tower here Tex, it is the fucking Gap. Seattle is an easy going town, we are not in a big hurry here but you do actually have to walk down the sidewalks in this town. The stores and attractions don't come to you, you have to pick up your feet and move here.

Somehow I got stuck behind this stereotypical Ugly American Family. Two loudmouthed adults with mullets wearing Hawaiian shirts and ill-fitting shorts and their two unwashed tubby kids. And no matter what I did, short of darting in front of a cab, I could not get past them. They would stop up short and block the entire fucking sidewalk. And when I did say "excuse me" and tried to push through, they were outraged and muttering about "rude city people."

I did not, however, push the four of them into the street.

I really feel that I deserve a medal for that.

No comments: