Sunday, June 05, 2005

Just Go To Bed Fool

I just toasted myself in celebration. I finally finished first in a round of Web Boggle. I am ridiculously proud of this, considering that it was one round. But I feel like going out and printing buttons "Yes, I DID win at Boggle!"

I can't go to sleep yet. Am indulging my yearly addiction to the Women's Softball College World Series. I pick my favorite teams, despite my lack of affiliation with any school. I have players that I like and those that I hate, for stupid reasons of course. I get so excited when my teams win and I just love all the moms in the stands.

I played softball when I was a kid. I was possibly the worst player in the history of the world. It is amazing how hard these girls throw. And how slow my bat speed is. J doesn't understand how I get so sucked in. I can't help it though, I just love watching it.

Of course it is an extra inning game with no sign of stopping and it is almost eleven. And I am nervous and twittery. Am totally going to hate this game at six tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God, the Women's College World Series is the best thing ever! I've never really watched it before, but I happened to hit it while I was flipping channels on Friday and then I spent the whole rest of the weekend watching whenever I had the chance. I'm on the East Coast, so I actually had to go to bed before the Texas/UCLA game was over last night - I was so disappointed that I didn't get to see Michigan play at all. Michigan is the closest thing I have to an actual connection to a team, I went to college in Michigan - not actually to the University of Michigan - but my school was small and bad at sports so Michigan is my default Division 1 sports favorite. I can't believe they lost to Tennessee. I'll be anxiously checking scores this afternoon at work to see if they can pull out a win in the second game.

I'm so looking forward to the final series this week. I hope it goes 3 games just so there's more to watch!

I don't know what it is about the softball. I'm a baseball fan, but there's something even more exciting about the smaller field and the small-ball aspects of fast-pitch softball. I played JV softball (terribly) in High School and I play in a slow-pitch coed league now. I was the worst player on the team in High School (hence, never playing Varsity) and I'm the worst player on my team now, but I still love it! I agree that it's amazing how fast those girls throw. The catchers especially impress me with the way they whip it down to second - sometimes from their knees! I play catcher, and I feel lucky when the ball actually makes it to second! Thank goodness there is no stealing in slow-pitch!

Anyway, this is probably the longest comment in the history of comments, so I'll stop now. But I'm just in awe of the awesomeness that is the WCWS.

Amy in NY