Sunday, January 21, 2007

My Sinuses Still Hurt Like A Mother

I feel like a wrung out dishrag right now.

A cross-country flight when you have a sinus headache is like a Senate session in hell. Fortunately, our flight was under-booked so it wasn't sardine packed. By the time we landed I was almost a basket case my head hurt so much, but of course I want to seem professional so I kept trying to pretend I was fine.

J would be so proud because I sacked up and went to dinner anyway. He was right, I am totally a pussy and will skip events at the slightest provocation. But I went anyway and I am so glad I did. The guacamole alone was worth going (though at thirty bucks I am glad I didn't have to pay for it). But I knew the networking was important and it was important to go. Plus, I found the company delightful since it was with three gay men and a bunch of single girls. This means the talk was all gossip and home decorating and dog pictures.

Plus I got back to watch the most stressful ten minutes of football EVER. THANK GOD THAT THE PATRIOTS LOST.

I do not want to hear SHIT about Peyton Manning ever again.

I am a little in love with my hotel room, even though it is a little shoe box. It has a king sized bed and a down comforter and I don't have to share any of it with a dachshund.

Tomorrow is going to be a long ass day.

But it is a long ass day that does not have to deal with a Patriots/Bears Super Bowl (which is unwatchable as far as I am concerned).

No comments: