Thursday, February 16, 2006

Missing It

A year ago I was losing my mind. I was in shock and feeling lost and out of control. I feel the same way today. Less raw, a little more together, but a lot of days I forget she is gone and try to shoot her an email.

Linda made me cry with this. The luncheon was my idea. I just wanted to mark the occasion because I felt like people were forgetting her. And because I needed to have something, not closure (because I don't feel like I will have that ever really) but something to tie up some loose ends emotionally. And I felt terribly guilty because when Linda and I talked about it I could tell she felt like she didn't want to do it. And I felt selfish.

So I am glad that she enjoyed it. Today wasn't how I expected it to be. I was sad, as I knew I would be, but I felt more raw today. I think because I feel like I should be farther along in the grief process, everyone else (except Linda) seems to be. But I suppose I am learning that everyone grieves differently and maybe I am just not going to get to that place for a long time.

I don't really miss her physical presence anymore--well that isn't exactly true I miss her laugh, her smile and her fucking sarcastic emails--now I miss more of what she is missing. What we are missing together. Linda brought Baby E today and I had this vision of how things might have been. Had the lunch been for something else and Ang brought her daughter along. I am not angry she is dead anymore, I have progressed that much, it just seems wrong though. She is missing it. Maybe that is why today was hard, it is hard to know what we are all missing.

No comments: