Thursday, February 09, 2006

I Mean Other People Ask For World Peace. . .I Guess I Want That Too But GOOD HAIR PLEASE

Y'all I am just fucking obsessed with my hair.

I cannot stop looking for that "perfect" haircut. Something that will look fun and different but not make my head look like a block of cheese. Something that is sexy but not whorey. Something that will not look eighties which with big Dynasty-prone hair like mine is a tall order.

I haven't had a haircut in thirteen weeks and I am through the withdrawal symptoms but DEAR GOD do I miss good hair. To others my hair probably seems fine, to those who like plainness it is probably lovely. To me it is an abomination that is trying to make me lose my shit.

How much shit do I possibly have to lose at this point one might very well ask?

One is kind of shirty bitch isn't one?

My main problem that for all my smug talk about how I like to look cute--I don't have anything to wear. I love dressing other people up--my mom looks like she belongs in a magazine y'all (unless she deviates from AB prescribed outfits then she looks like one of the women from the back page of US Weekly--Bad Fashion to Good People)--but I don't dress myself up. I am black pants, black shirts, jackets. And so my hair is an accessory. My nod to the very fashiony place I work in while wearing my very not fashiony clothes (don't get me wrong my all black clothes are modern and not at all highwaisted tapered legged monstrosity but I am not working a Sienna Miller thing).

Right now my hair is boring and it is making me feel frumpy. And also fat. Or it could be that all the queso dip I ate during the football playoffs has done that. Another thing to hate the NFL for.

You might recall that I was a little mental when I got home from my last haircut. I think that the whole mess happened for a couple of reasons. My reliance on my hair as my main fashion statement. My stylist's vision of my hair. My total inability to confront anyone and say something that might upset them even if I am PAYING that person. Different expectations of what a stylist does.

And I am at a loss. And Linda is so fucking tired of me on this one. She has been trying to get me to go to her gal--and I probably will. But I just love the guy I have been going to. I go round and around about it making both arguments. I am making her nuts. I also made at least one terrible Brokeback Mountain joke so you now I sunk LOW. Of course when J went to get his haircut he told him that I thought he was MEAN. Dear god, it is like he is TRYING to make me sound more ridiculous than I am which I would have previously thought impossible. For the record my stylist is not mean. He just maybe doesn't get me. But cuts my hair so nicely (when you have thick wavy hair many many people will make you look like a poodle so you treasure those who don't).

I just want to be pretty. And to not look like too much like a block of cheese.

That must be too much too ask.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea! A hair post. Its been too long since you posted one about your hair. And another thing, I was starting to go through AB withdrawl. 3 days waiting for a post. I need my daily AB fix. :-)