Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Should I Donate My Wine

They closed, we closed, keys have been exchanged. All that stands in the way of us moving is time and many many bottles of red red wine.

In my selfish way, I am grateful for the distraction, because the news from New Orleans is breaking my heart. Every story makes me want to sit down and cry. I have this urge to donate the profits from our house to the relief fund. But I will be selfish and buy furniture.

It is heartbreaking to see those people lose everything they have.

It is even more heartbreaking to see the country's politicians turn their backs on the poor. Way to focus on looting instead of evacuating people or deciding when or where to rebuild.

If you believe in this sort of thing please pray for our neighbors in the south. I am pissed because my shit is all in a cardboard box, imagine have no stuff to even box.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting your new home. Are you having guests over to help you lick the new floors? Now there's some fiber for you. :-)