Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Everything Is Better When Your Hair Is Straight

I hit refresh ninety thousand times on the UPS site this morning until it finally flashed DELIVERED on my screen.

The heavens sang, the sun shone and all was good with the world.

My flat iron is here!

No woman has ever been more excited about a small appliance that doesn't vibrate.

My hair is straight and shiny and I no longer look like a homeless person! I look alarmingly like my wedding photo from almost five years ago but we are going to skip that part! And abuse punctuation! Because I am so happy to not look like utter shit!

The euphoria of good hair is the only thing that could have produced me packing boxes of books in our spare bedroom singing MAKE NEW FRIENDS BUT KEEP THE OOOOOOOOLD . . .from my Campfire Girls days.

Actually, I am not so old that it was still Campfire Girls, it was Campfire Kids. With an interesting co-ed twist that sadly I did not get to experience at the right age--somehow my parents were not hip to the co-ed cabins in seventh grade. Perhaps my first sexual experience could have involved summer camp which is sadly less cliched than the truth.

ONE IS SILVER AND THE OTHER GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD!

Packing with shiny hair is FUN!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Lookitchoo!
You are a new woman