Sunday, March 12, 2006

Graceful As Always

Today has been a learning experience for me. I've been learning exactly how many things I do with my left hand during a day. Things like shampooing my hair, drying my hair, holding wine at Trader Joe's, buttoning my pants. Things that are extremely painful to do when you managed to fuck the hell out of your hand falling up cement stairs and jamming it into a metal railing.

Yeah. It is possible to fall up stairs.

The stairs leading to our cellar are uneven--being built in 1916 and all. And I am. . .not the most graceful. So I took a plotz over my own damn feet, jammed the railing into the web of my head between my thumb and pointer finger. That part of my palm is now enormous and purple. And hurts like a mother fucker.

I can't really grip anything. Can't quite hold anything with any authority. And so I wailed through my shower, trying to shampoo without pressing anything into my palm. I walked around town with wet and stringy hair today because I couldn't begin to face drying my hair.

I can tell working this week is going to be an adventure.

No comments: