Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Skeletons Best Kept In the Closet Not Making Out On A Desk Where People Can See You

Have you ever wanted to unlearn something you know?

I rode in on the bus this morning with a friend. She works in another part of Workplace but we know a lot of the same people. And she told me a bit of information about some coworkers that I don't want to know.

Turns out that this person cheated on his girlfriend, that works at Workplace, with another woman at Workplace. And this woman is his current girlfriend. Apparently, everyone knows about it and the two carried on in the office and in public until the original girlfriend found out and left him (they lived together).

This is so out of the realm of my business it is ridiculous.

But I can't help it. It bothers me. To me cheating on your spouse (which in this case, you are living together so I mean that is close enough) is a cruel thing. But to do it at work (how professional!) especially when all three of you work in the same place (which DEAR GOD PEOPLE DON'T FUCK OTHERS AT WORK THIS IS NOT HARD) just seems vindictive and mean.

He is such a nice man. But I cannot help but feel differently about him now.

He'll never notice. It's none of my business. But I am still feeling a little WTF about it you know? I guess we all have our skeletons.

No comments: