Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Dancing With The AB's

When I was single I didn't watch TV. I owned one, one that I took out of spite from an ex-boyfriend I knew wanted it. But I really didn't watch it or even turn it on other than to watch a movie on the VCR. I have never seen an episode of ER, even though that show was in it's heyday then. I just didn't watch or think about TV much since I didn't have cable.

Then I met J, who had every channel imaginable. So, when we were at his house we watched TV. The things he liked. Like Sportscenter (which I liked) and WWE (then WWF) Wrestling (which I didn't but wasn't I a kick-ass girlfriend?).

After we got married I stopped humoring him (and they say that oral sex is the first thing to go in marriage PFFT) and we found a couple of shows that we both liked. We made a point to watch them together and enjoyed them. CSI and West Wing were our shows. We watched them together every week and it was just really fun to have that to talk about.

And then a couple of years ago our tastes diverged and we stopped watching anything in common at all. Which is fine. But it does make your pop culture references a little different. It is a little like being married to guy from another country.

So this is how I talked him into watch Dancing With The Stars with me this season. First, that show is just fucking awesome. Second, JERRY RICE is on it. And third, the most important selling point for him, their are lots of half-naked chicks on it.

I don't think I was supposed to tell anyone that. But I outed him inadvertently the other day. And let me tell you he likes it. We get to cheer for Jerry Rice and the scary redhead that orders his ass around. He sits up very straight every time Lisa Rhinna's boobs are on screen. And we are watching it on DVR so we can fast forward through the boring shit (which means the Friday results show takes about ten minutes instead of the HOUR it is on).

We watch it on Saturday usually, and often a week behind. So I avoid websites to keep from getting spoiled. Last week (remember a week behind) we were OUTRAGE when Giselle was outed. To the point where there may have been angry vows to stop watching it if Master P didn't get the fuck off the next episode. And we watched the next one immediately.

And I am going to say that my dear husband squealed like a little girl during Drew Lachey's Thriller. And made me rewind and rewatch. There might have been zombie dancing on the couch. MAYBE. And I confess that four hands shot over two heads when Master P got the fuck off our TV.

Especially since we fast forwarded through his album shill.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Dude, I love Drew Lachey. But I get kind of embarassed watching that show.

It's like "Skating with the Stars".
SHAME.

Anonymous said...

The things we do for love, like watching wrestling. Oh man. And "Skating with the Stars" is awesome. You watch to see them fall on their asses. Still not a Nancy Kerigan fan. Why couldn't they have gotten Tonya Harding instead?