Friday, January 20, 2006

You Win

My sinuses (sinii?) and I have always had a good relationship. Professional, naturally, and perhaps a little distant but we are old school and how would one hug a sinus anyway. They have served me well. Only becoming slightly drippy during cold and flu season and really that could happen to anyone. Then came November, and my first sinus infection. I did all the right things, took the medicines, got lots of rest, kept everything clean as a whistle.

And it seemed to be better. The infection was gone at any rate. But since then, my sinuses have gotten a little more sensitive. I don’t want to throw the word diva out there because I think it is greatly over used (seriously, US Weekly calls Lindsay Lohan a diva in one issue, I am sorry don’t you have to do something of value to become that?) but I mean it may be the right word as I expect them to start demanding M&Ms with the greens sorted out for their dressing room (because they don’t like anything with connotations of horny even NEAR them) any day now. I know remember that blissful time before the infection (lovingly named Before Living Hell) as a time when I could blow my nose without being ginger. A time when my face did not swell for no reason. A time when cool fresh air was not the enemy.

BLH was such a long long time ago.

I have had a sinus headache all week. The kind where my eyes just burned and staring at a computer was just a nightmare. I haven’t really been able to move because my head just feels HEAVY. And yesterday when I woke up the right side of my face was so swollen I looked like a Sharpei. Seriously, I almost lost my foundation brush in the crevices while I was doing my make up.

This morning it has progressed into a full-on migraine. One with auras and nausea. I puked in the bathroom so it is just time to surrender.

You win sinuses. YOU WIN. Whatever it is that you want, whatever your demands, I cave. God knows I have done it for other body parts (I mean that bitch the skin won’t even let me eat tomatoes more than a couple of times a week). I will do it for you. Send me a note, shoot me an email, send suggestions through Web MD. Anything you want, I can get for you.

Just leave me the hell alone.

So my plans to break my rut of do-nothing weekends are totally out of the works now. It is all about pillows and naps and being a big baby. At least for Saturday. By Sunday this better all be over because I have a lot of screaming to do at the TV for football.

Here is hoping my head gets the message.

1 comment:

Linda said...

:( Your week sounds like it sucked. Just sleep all day tomorrow.

Oh, and I think (?) it is sinuses...? Sinii. hee hee.