Friday, January 13, 2006

They Cannot Make Me Wear Pleats

There are so many types of clothing that look like utter shit on me it is much faster and easier to list the things that don't. Skirts that hit below the knee (a-line is best), flat front straight-leg or wide-leg trousers, fine knits that are fitted, jackets that are fitted at the waist, button down shirts that are fitted (noticing a trend) . . I have broad shoulders and hips, if I wear anything boxy I look enormous.

So a few things that aren't on the list. Pleats, tapered pants, crop pants, leggings.

All things that are fucking in stores right now. Some one bring me the goddamn HEAD of whoever brought back the legging because that shit looks like ass on everyone and I saw them in PAISLEY today. I have actually been fearing this season since I saw some of the things that were being brought out. The colors are washed out. The knits are bulky. The jackets are boxy. God help me if any of this shit sells at all because they will do again for fall and I will have to go like a year between buying things.

No new clothes for a year!? I think my heart just stopped.

Y'all do not buy this shit. I know in the past few years they have convinced us that cropped pants are a basic, I even bought a pair of gauchos last year (but they were cute! I mean really!). But this is going to far. Some of us like to wear long pants people. We have short legs! We hate looking stumpy! Don't do this to me! I already have pant issues as I never actually replaced all of them that were too large. Now there are no decent black pants in the stores.

I am going to be rolling the waists on my pants for a year aren't I?

Somehow, I just know that this is all Santino's fault.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, I dont look to sexy in leggings either. :-)