Sunday, May 06, 2007

Reason #912 to Hate Being a Woman--Baby Showers

Yesterday I went to yet another fucking baby shower. Though J and possibly everyone else feels that I should be more over my miscarriage than I am but I still struggle with it a bit. And my friend and I found out we were pregnant at roughly the same time. Now she is just a few weeks from delivering and having showers and I . . .am not.

I wanted to go and celebrate this time with her and I am glad I did. But I don't think it is wrong that it was bittersweet for me. Her daughter is going to be gorgeous and I am so excited for her and her husband. But you know. I cried ok? I am not proud of it. But I made it through, and no one really noticed. It was the best I could do.

Other than that, I made some really fucking delicious fried chicken. And had a migraine for both days so I just took to my bed and ate fried chicken and ice cream sandwiches. Which isn't a bad weekend at all.

No comments: