Monday, November 05, 2007

A Few Things

Buster is mewling like a lost kitten in the damn living room. He is just so pathetic about the curtains blocking his view of the street. I finally caved and opened them a couple of inches so that he could keep up his Constant Vigilance! He is still sad out there, with mournful sighs and much moping. Damn Dog.
***

Surprising but not unwelcome pregnancy side effect: my leg hair isn't really growing much anymore. Not that I would be shaving much more often than once a week anyway but still. I don't really seem to need to do that.
***

When I was like sixteen, seventeen I was convinced that I could NEVER leave my current boyfriend because no one else in the entire WORLD would ever want to have sex with a girl with weird knees like mine. Yes, I really believed that I would be naked with a boy and he would see my knees and FLEE LIKE THE WIND. Now that I understand a little bit more about men I realize that it is unlikely that any man I've ever slept with could pick my knees out of a line up of two. Oh the angst that could have been avoided.
***
People really need to stop touching my stomach at work. We don't know each other that well. And also, I am quickly losing my civility. Right now I can grit my teeth and smile wanly. In another month I will probably stab your hand with my mechanical pencil and club your face with a three hole punch. Is it really worth the risk?
***

I am going to start telling people my due date is in January. Honestly, I don't really think I am making it all the way to February (even if it might be easier for everyone) and besides people hear February and think end of. I am big for my due date but I am HUGE for one three or four weeks later.

No comments: