Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Six Drunks And a Limo

Last night was J's work holiday party. There are only three people who work there so the six of us (three nerds, three wives) went on what I swear was like grown up prom night. Beginning with a limo (which I have only been in at a wedding) in which we all got drinky with wine and toasts, onto cocktails and dinner at a fancy place. We ate so much food, and drank so much liquor and I guess I was the only one working early the next morning because they all yelled at me when I stopped drinking. But FIVE AM people. SO EARLY!

We became that loud table in the restaraunt--the one with drunks who are talking just a hair too loudly and are rather . . er . . .jubliant.

Oh the people he works with are so nice, their wives are so lovely, everyone so kind of funny and interesting. I dread those sorts of things because I am by nature shy and worry too much about what I am going to wear (we both wore jeans! to a fancy place! me!? and I didn't care!) and oh we both always talk too much or not enough. But it was so lovely. J is clearly appreciated, which is always good.

And we were out on a school night! With other adults. The others have kids so they were even giddier than us.

Six drunks, cruising down the freeway in a limo.

What a lovely Tuesday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun night out. I'm glad you had a chance to enjoy it and in jeans!

Linda said...

They should have passed out corsages!