Monday, December 12, 2005

The Benevolent Dictator




Oh Darla.

How I hope you might forgive us one day.

J took the dogs to the groomers today as the clippers are lost somewhere in this house since the move and I was just not up to cutting her coat using a pair of manicure scissors. And not cutting that shaggy rug was not an option because well she smelled. I am sorry my baby but you did.

The chore probably came about three months too late because look at our before picture (left). Doesn't she look like she weighs about fifty pounds more than she should? Horrible, unimaginable things would get caught in her fur and she smelled like death.

Of course, I think that they went a little overboard. J told me that they butchered her but I didn't imagine that they cut off all of her curls. But they did. And all of her pale blond highlights (sometimes I like to pretend that I am the kind of woman that gets her dog highlights but alas I am not so rich or vain--they are natural). She looks so tiny tiny tiny and like a smooth dachshund instead of a long hair.

She is very very angry. But not so angry that she will not let me carry her around and feed her macaroni and cheese. She is benevolent like that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww she's darling.

Linda said...

She looks So different! For a second i thought it was Leon. Hee.

Tell her she looks fab. She is fearless about her haircuts like her mama. Excellent.

Anonymous said...

I lurved the curls, but the short is quite sassy.