Wednesday, December 07, 2005

GARSH, No One

Today was sort of all over the place. Good news (babies born early but much healthier than imagined!), bad (work stuff dull dull dull) and everything in between. It was the sort of day where I laugh outloud at my desk over nothing at all and then almost started bawling on the bus ride home.

I am not sure what is going on with me. My life-long claim that I am not a drama queen is really taking a credibility strain because just everything is such a Big Deal.

My work crap is the same story and dear GOD am I ever going to just not feel that way? I would really like to run away and join the circus and somehow I think I am too old. And really I do not think anyone wants to see my ass in a tutu. Perhaps I could be a lion tamer instead.

The holidays feel like they are happening to some one else. It is a funny thing when you throw out your old traditions, if you are me at least you find that you flounder around a bit without them. We aren't doing much, J and me, just getting through the month. Which seems a little sad but not as sad as the alternative. You know, murder-suicide.

My neighbor has this truly delightful Goofy light-up Christmas thing on her porch and oh how I envy it. I really want a light-up Goofy menorah. Something just a little awful. And fabulous.

Maybe that would snap me out of my drama queen zone. Because who can pull that shit on Goofy?

1 comment:

Linda said...

You should decorate your place! With you know, non Christmas but HOLIDAY stuff :)