Sunday, February 25, 2007

Lucky Every Day

Yesterday was our sixth wedding anniversary. We didn't celebrate it in the most romantic of ways--we went shopping for a sofa, watched a George Lucas special on the history channel and then watched Return of the Jedi on my new TV. We didn't even eat dinner but gerryrigged a meal that involved many kinds of snack foods. It is the kind of day that no bride dreams of but was the perfect day for us. It's the kind of day you spend with some one when you just enjoy their company and don't much care what you do. You just want to be with them.

The past year has been the hardest of our marriage. It had some really great moments--some AMAZING times, but it was incredibly hard on both of us. In some ways I feel like it made us closer, bound us even tighter together. I feel no need to be bound any tighter so no dead babies in 2007.

I think about the people we were that day in 2001 and in the months leading up to it. I do not know what possessed us to get married then. I know that it was illogical and unreasonable and so very fucking stupid. And I am so glad I did it. I feel lucky every day.

1 comment:

Frank said...

Happy anniversary Anyabeth! You should write an entry on how you came to be married. Sounds like there may be a story there.