Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Getting Back

That WHOO you heard at 4:15 Pacific Standard Time? The one that sounded like it was 1989 and I was at a New Kid's concert and Jordan Knight just ripped off his shirt? That was me. In a bathroom stall at work. I got my period today.

Since most people don't cheer like that in the bathroom it was a damn good thing the gal next to me laughed and didn't call the police. It has been since October since I had a period, and while I was pregnant for a big portion of that, it was time.

I've noticed the last few weeks (when I wasn't dying of the plague) that I have been coming back a bit. I enjoy my job more (when people are not assholes which . . .). I got my eyebrows waxed (which also since October and DAYAM), I scheduled a haircut (the pyramid of doom is in full effect and I think small children are afraid of my hair). I even bought new clothes today because there is just no reason to look like shit.

I am not the same person I was before. I am not going to be a mom this summer. But I am putting one foot in front of the other, I am going out and enjoying myself, I am going to stop looking like a yeti. The alternative is to become some one I really do not want to be. That I wouldn't want J to be married to. That I wouldn't want my friends and family to know.

Of course the person they do know just had a teen idol moment over her period but they are used to that.

No comments: