Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Trying to Accept Help

My mother-in-law is here. It's actually going pretty well and any issues that are being had are because of me not her. We all know I am a social moron, don't do well with houseguests of any stripe and have anxiety about oh so many things. The situation is just pushing a lot of my buttons.

She wants to help. She wants me to leave her a list of things to do when I go to work each day. I cannot do that y'all. Even tonight, she made dinner (while I sat on my hands rocking and trying not to help) and got pissed when I tried to do dishes. We are talking just loading the dishwasher but she wants me to relax.

Oh y'all. I am trying. We'll see how it goes. I am sure as I get closer to delivery the hormones will make me even more tolerant. And that post-baby crazy period? SNAP

Anyway. GRATEFUL

1. The generous people who have made sure that my baby has all kinds of gorgeous clothes and accouterments.
2. I'm working part-time now. It makes me feel a little stupid because I am fine but GOD it is nice.
3. My haircut is Saturday. THANK GOD I look like a yeti.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck. I found it hard to relax and just let things go after having my daughter :(