Tuesday, August 01, 2006

A Lot To Think About

I have a lot of things rolling around in my head but for now I am trying valiantly not to read Project Runway spoilers (WHO GETS KICKED OFF I MUST KNOW SOON). I am distracting myself with making chili and trying to figure out what to wear tomorrow.

My Cubbies traded Greg Maddox. Bah. I knew it was coming, I think that everyone handled it classily. But still. I wanted him to win a World Series with us. I know that isn't going to happen but still. I'm still wearing my jersey though. He is a Cub to me.

I'm annoyed with Mel Gibson. Even more after his "apology" today. He puts it entirely on Jews to find a way to "heal" from this incident. He is an anti-Semite. There is no denying that. Booze doesn't make you just come up with that shit on the spur of the moment. And does he want to claim that he was drunk during the entire filming of The Passion? Combine that with the incident in Seattle last Friday and I am so angry. Angry because honestly people want us to shrug it off. Like these are isolated events and we should forgive and forget. Some one actually quoted "turn the other cheek" at me today (in reference to Israel). Just for future reference, that isn't a part of Judaism. Judaism preaches justice and fairness. It doesn't teach it's people to take abuse from those in power. Neither of these events should inspire Jews to violence, I guess they are just a reminder that there is a lot of work to be done.

Bah. Project Runway, baseball and Anti-Semitism all in one entry. I need to get my shit together.

1 comment:

KleoPatra said...

You can't spell megalomaniac without mel...