Friday, November 25, 2005

Thanksgiving Is The Real Holiday Of Rest

I love holidays with my family.

In part, because I am a selfish brat. J doesn't really have much to do with his family so we just spend them with mine. My mother still loves to do the dinner so I don't have to cook. Seriously, people keep asking me if I want to host, if I feel like I am missing out. Are they insane? Right now I get to sleep in until 10 and drive to my mom's house in my jeans, eat a huge meal, help with the dishes and take a nap. People have this idea that I should want to replace that with weeks of cleaning and cooking and god knows what else.

Pass.

Big pass.

So it was a lovely day with five dogs running around, a bunch of people eating like cows and the lovely end was everyone PASSED OUT asleep in the living room.

Tis the season indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, hosting is way overated unless you have to drive any kind of distance. The end result sounds like our house (only 3 dogs though). I think I fell asleep around 7:00.