Monday, November 07, 2005

One Week

It's been one week (shit, now I have that fucking song in my head) since my laptop has worked and it is SO LONELY without it. I cannot read endless blogs that have no meaning and I will never be able to find again as I love to do (total side note, my mom has decided she would like to "read blogs" but "how does one READ A BLOG," it took all that I am to not answer in my most formal snotty tone that ONE READS BLOG THE SAME WAY ONE READS A BOOK, ONE WORD AT A TIME MOM--but isn't she adorable) and not blogging myself. No online poker. No Webboggle while I watch TV. I have had to use J's computer to obsessively search craigslist for a bed for the guestroom. It is like living without PLUMBING y'all. How did people do this?

And project Find A Bed Because If We Put That Mattress On The Floor The Dog Will Piss On It And I Will Shoot Him Dead is not going well. As I am cheap, but want good quality and everything that is out there is expensive, crappily made and UGLY. J and I got into an argument this weekend because he said I was wanting something that didn't exist (possible) but mainly because we found something that met the barest of expectations and I did not immediately purchase it and he was pissed because we had spent more than ten minutes looking for something. And we had one of those fights that no one tells you about in a marriage. The ones that you won't ever get divorced over but are still oddly troubling because why are two adults screaming in a car that is driving 60 mph on the freeway with one of you crying and saying YOU JUST DON'T TALK TO ME and the other is all YOU READ TOO MUCH INTO WHAT I SAY and everyone looks purple and neither of you actually care about the fight anymore it is just a Thing in the car with you and you can't even apologize really because the other person is totally wrong. And nothing is resolved but neither of you care because it is a stupid fight and you like to just to pretend that It Never Happened.

Though, other than that everything was peachy this weekend.

I woke up this morning with my neck so stiff and painful that I couldn't really move it at all to the left or down. And I tried to sit up and breathe and almost died. I whined enough that J rubbed it and it stopped hurting enough that I could sit up without passing out but I am still getting through the day without looking down or to the left. As far as I am concerned LEFT DOES NOT EXIST. Also, I still have a cold and sore throat and really I am pitiful. I told my boss that my goal for the day was to not throw up, cough on anyone, or die.

But then my flowers from Friday came! And I had forgotten them and so they were a surprise. And so gorgeous, all sunflowers with this rather grumpy bear holding the vase. That sounds a lot cheesier than it is in execution--I mean have a Van Gough on my desk here. And I just decided to pretend that J was sending them to me because my back hurts and I have a cold and he just loves me (I did not give into the temptation to pretend that the flowers were an apology for arguing with me because he is totally not sorry for that).

Did you hear that? That is the sound of the internet swooning because my husband is so awesome.

So my neck is not so bad, and I have cough drops for the cold and One Week has been replaced by the theme from Greatest American Hero (BELIEVE IT OR NOT . . .).We'll call that an improvement

1 comment:

Linda said...

I'm walkin on air....
sorry, feel the need to complete your song lyrics :)

Hope you feel better. Don't throw up and die, please.