Monday, February 06, 2006

It Is A Damn Good Thing It Is Almost The Olympics And Then Spring Training Because I Am Upset About This Shit

I am not the only one.

See, I am not arguing that the Seahawks should have won that game. I am saying that the refs should have let them play that game. The Steelers played like shit. And Seattle couldn't get anything going when the refs penalized every significant play they had. Yes, Stevens dropped SO MANY PASSES. Yes, Hasselbeck threw an interception. But take away eleven points from any team and they are going to struggle.

I could have handled losing.

I am a CUBS FAN.

But this felt like I was watching pro-wrestling, like the NFL wanted to have a special JEROME BETTIS gets the ring moment. Which is fine, I mean league has to do marketing and all but I don't know. This is my second season as a real football fan. I will never feel the same about the game. I will probably watch next year, probably get caught up in it, because I just love sports. But I won't ever be as starry-eyed. The NFL has all but admitted that the "Immaculate Reception" was a bad call made out of fear of the city of Pittsburgh ripping the place apart. Judging by the officiating it is hard to believe that an admission of that nature might come out thirty years from now.

The NFL needs to take a long look in the mirror. It is the number one sport in the country. But maybe they need to decide if they really want to go the WWE route.

Just because Seattle won't burn their city down doesn't mean that you should fuck with us. We do control your email, your coffee and your access to large vats of olive oil.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Sadly, so much of the nation likes Dunkin Donuts Coffee. All I have to say to that is WTF...

But dude, a little respect? Just a little....

Ok, that Cubs comment was funny ;)